Note: This page is a reduced version of our original website, please note that this section is under construction.
Welcome to the Fondation de l’héritage du transport en commun du Québec (Quebec public transit heritage foundation website).
Who we are ?
The foundation main mission is to preserve the transit history of the province of Quebec, mostly by restoring and keeping in state of good repair buses that are significant to the province transit history. We have 6 vehicules in our collection
- 1965 35 feet GM New Look, painted in the memory of the now defunct Metropolitain Provincial bus company that operated services in the west island of Montreal and suburban parts outside the city.
- 1972 GM New Look in the brown CTCUM color, this was the last year brown was used as CTCUM color as they would switch to blue the year later.
- 1983 GM New Look in the classic blue CTCUM livery, this one door new look was used mostly on suburban routes outside of Montreal. After those routes were transferred to the newly formed CIT’s, the bus was relocated to low ridership routes.
- 1985 GM Classic in STCUM Color, is was the first STCUM classic to feature the now legendary American Seating 6468 bus seating.
- 1995 Novabus Classic, this bus was the last classic to be retired from active service in Montreal. It was also the last classic received by the STCUM before switching to low floor in late 1995.
- 1997 Novabus LFS 1st generation, this bus was part of a massive 480 bus orders over 3 years.
Movies and commercial rentals
Our buses are available for rental for movies, commercials and television productions. Wherever you need a new look bus for a retro feeling or a Novabus LFS for something more modern, we have the bus you need for your production !, we invite you to call us to discuss with us of your next project. Please call us at 1-514-241-9421
We have some pictures of our buses available online, we invite you to check the Multimédia section of the website